PictoBlox is a graphical programming software based on Scratch that teaches you coding in an easy and fun way using coding blocks. Using these blocks, you can make interactive games and animations, or program robots and projects.
Installing the Software
To begin your programming journey with PictoBlox, you need to first, well, install it. Follow our instructions given below carefully and you’ll be well on your way!
In case if you are working in Linux, you can download the PictoBlox from here. And if you are working with the PictoBlox Mobile Application, you can download it from here or
Now, it’s time to see what PictoBlox looks like!
When you open it on your desktop, this is what the screen will look like:
How to Sign In
To use some of the extensions, you must sign up for PictoBlox. Here’s how you can do it:
- Click the Sign In button in the top-right corner of the screen.
- A dialogue box will open in the center of the screen. Click Join.
- Then, a dialogue box asking your age will appear. If you’re over 16 years old, then click Yes; otherwise click No.
- If you clicked Yes, then you’ll have to enter your email address; otherwise, you’ll have to enter your parent’s/guardian’s email address.
- You’ll receive an email at the entered email address. Open the email and click the Activate Account button to activate your account.
- Once activated, come back to PictoBlox and enter your details such as username, password, date of birth, gender, and country to create your account.
- Finally, click the Submit button. And voila! Your account is up and running!
- You’ll remain signed-in even after closing the software till you sign out yourself.
Now that you’re fully ready, let’s head over to the next topic to make your first script!